Monday, July 27, 2009

"Orom" or "Urom"

This was not the first time I experienced this phenomenon. Last night, just few hours after I slept, I felt I was neither fully asleep nor partially awake. It's like, you know you're not asleep anymore, yet you're not awake yet. You feel paralyzed. You cant even move a finger. It's like someone is trying to prevent you from moving. This would scare you so you try to scream, scream at the top of your lungs, yet you feel mute. Nothing comes out of your mouth, but you continue screaming, struggling so hard to make a move that you forget you're holding your breath. Then *puff* everything feels loose and light. You are now consciously awake. You breathe a deep sigh of relief, then ask yourself, "what the heck was what?"

That my friends, if you ever experienced one too, they said, is a "Orom / Urom" People die from this strange thing. A more layman's term for this is "bangungot". Gets? Just pray all the time.

No comments: