Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bata bata ang saya-saya


Yesterday as I was on my way to my patient's house, I happen to pass by these group of children, about 6 of them somewhere between 4-5 years old. Judging from their uniforms, I'd say some of them were fresh off from school, while the rest of them donned on their less than casual clothing. They were joyously playing with a bicycle, complete with it's training wheels. Each of them were very busy playing with their chum, so to speak. They never even bothered to give me an eye as I pass by them just a breath away. They were all "in their game" oblivious to the things around them, at the moment.

Looking at them brought me back to what it was like back in the days. I realized childhood is supposed to be the best times of our life. It may not be the best chapter, but hey, it stands out. When we were young, all we ever worry about is play. Everyday we step into our make believe world, playing with toys in ways not even mentioned in the instructions printed in the box. We don't need to work, instead we play. We don't need money, just a playmate or a toy. Basically a child does 3 things: sleep-eat-play. No worries, no problems. Well if we did have a problem, we always have the magic word - "mama" or "papa". We let them carry our burden for us. In a child's life, you live to play.

After over an hour I finally finished treating my patient. I said my goodbye to my dear patient and went outside their residence as I waited for my pay. I still see the kids playing. Forgetting about time, even forgetting to put down their bags from school. I just cant help but give off a grin.

As I garner more years to my life's resume, I came to appreciate more the sweetness and innocence of childhood, a stage in each of our lives where we once thought life is easy. I cant even remember the last time I hold a toy. Somebody once told me that it is unhealthy if we don't let the child in us out once in a while. We were once children. As we age, that child didn't die. It is still in us. Problem is some people take life seriously. So serious that they refuse to let the child in them breath again. They didn't know that they are slowly killing a certain part of themselves. I guess I'll end this post by saying, let the children remind us who we are and who we should not forget.

Peace out!
=')

1 comment:

cyn said...

toefl highest rating hn2! :)