Friday, March 9, 2012

Pedaling on silent world

       After I finished treating my patient, I went out on the road and hailed a trisikad (a man-powered tricycle) to take me to where I parked my service vehicle (multicab). There wasn't really a descent parking space within the proximity of my patient's house, that's why I parked way out. Anyway as this trisikad approached me I told the driver where to take me. He just nodded by raising his eyebrows. I got inside and sat down when I noticed this signage in front of me:


       Loosely translated: "I am a deaf trisikad driver, can't hear or talk. Thank you for understanding!!!"  then the prices for the fare follows for near and far trips. I was still able to reach my destination. In every fork of the road he would slow down and make a "hummm?" sound and pointed to which direction we should take a turn.

       I was touched by this man that I paid the amount for 3 near trips and gestured to him "keep it." He nodded, with his head this time, as he checked the excess I gave him. I let go a smile and went on.

       It was very inspiring. Some men are twice as healthy as he is, with no disabilities at all and yet they choose to count the people passing by the entire day as their livelihood. People should be like Mr. no hear no  talk trisikad driver, taking adversity as a challenge and not as a reason to stop trying. I salute you!

2 comments:

Cyn :) said...

Wow! Inspiring entry hn2! :)

Jobo Layese said...

yes inspiring jd au 2 c manong. =')